Garlic & Parmesan Irish Soda Bread
- PS Seasoning Chef
|2 Cups||All Purpose Flour|
|1/2 tsp||Baking Soda|
|1/4 tsp||Black Pepper|
|1/2 tsp||Granulated Sugar|
|1 tsp||Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Seasoning|
|2 oz||Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes|
|2||Slices Bacon, chopped|
|2 T||Green Onions, sliced|
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, sprinkle a small amount of flour onto the sheet where you will be placing the bread.
3) Cook the bacon over medium heat in a saute pan until crispy on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
4) Cool, chop and reserve the bacon.
5) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, black pepper and sugar, whisk together until combined.
6) Add to the dry mixture the cheddar, bacon, Garlic & Parmesan Seasoning and green onions, mix.
7) Add the buttermilk to the flour mixture, mixing until combined.
8) Knead for 1-2 minutes, until the dough is hydrated and holds together.
9) Form dough into a round loaf and transfer to the floured parchment paper lined baking sheet.
10) Cut a cross into the top of the dough, about 1/2 inch deep and 2 inches long.
11) Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until the soda bread is lightly browned and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom of the loaf. If you have an instant-read thermometer, test the center of the bread for doneness, its ready between 190 to 200 degrees F. Serve warm.