Crispy Beer Chicken with Drunken Mushroom Gravy
- PS Seasoning Chef
|1||Bottle Oktoberfest Beer (12 oz.)|
|1 T||Minced Garlic|
|Sliced Baby Portabella Mushrooms|
|1 pkg.||Brown Gravy Mix|
|To Taste||Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning|
1) Place the chicken into an oven safe dish. Pour the bottle of beer over the chicken in the pan, sprinkle minced garlic and shake desired amount of Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning on the chicken.
2) Cover the chicken with foil and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or even overnight for a better flavor.
3) After the chicken has marinated in the beer, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drain the beer marinade out of the pan and set it aside, you'll use this later.
4) In a cast iron skillet add 1 T of olive oil and when its hot add the chicken skin side down and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until the skin is golden and crisp.
5) Transfer the chicken back to the baking dish and cook for another 30-45 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through.
6) While the chicken is in the oven start making the drunken mushroom gravy.
7) Prepare the brown gravy and add the sliced mushrooms and reserved beer marinade. Set to low and let it cook down until the gravy is thick.
8) Serve with mashed potatoes, vegetables, etc. Enjoy!