BBQ Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese
- PS Seasoning Chef
|1/3 cup||Unsalted Butter|
|1/3 cup||All Purpose Flour|
|2 cups||Whole Milk|
|2 cups||Macaroni Noodles|
|1-1/2 cups||Sharp aged cheddar cheese|
|1/2 cup||Shredded Pecorino Romano Cheese|
|To taste||Salt and pepper|
Pork Butt Roast
|To taste||Sweet Onion Applewood BBQ Sauce|
|To taste||Veggie Shake|
1) Place pork butt roast into a slow cooker and slather with bbq sauce. Let cook for 6 hours. Once cooked, shred pork and add more bbq sauce.
2) Cook the macaroni noodles in a large pot of salted water according to package directions, draining them a minute before the "al dente" cooking time.
3) Heat the milk in the microwave or on the stove top until very hot but not boiling.
4) In a heavy bottomed sauce pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture turns a light brown color, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Slowly start pouring in the milk, whisking constantly. The mixture will look thick at first and will thin out as you whisk in the remainder of the milk. Return the pot to the heat and cook the mixture, whisking continuously, another 3-5 minutes or until thickened. The sauce should coat the back of the spoon. If you put a little bit on a spoon and run your finger through it, the line from your finger should remain. Stir in the salt and veggie shake.
5) Return the remaining sauce to the stove. Over low heat, add the cheeses, stiring to melt. If you're unable to melt in all the cheese, add a bit more milk, a Tablespoon at a time, until the cheese is melted completely. Stir the sauce into the pasta until your desired level of creaminess is reached. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed or simply serve hot with a sprinkle of parsley topped with pulled pork and drizzle of bbq sauce.