Try a new spin on sweet potato casserole and take mac 'n cheese to a whole new level! Creamy cheeses combine with the luscious flavor of sweet potato for a delightfully balanced sweet and savory side dish that will be a hit at the dinner table.
|1 Box||Spiral Pasta (or Pasta of Your Choice)|
|1 Can||Sweet Potato Puree|
|2 Cups||Low-Fat Milk|
|4 oz.||Cream Cheese|
|2 Cups||Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese|
|1 Cup||Good Quality Double Cream Brie Cheese, Rind Removed & Cubed|
|½ tsp||Pumpkin Pie Spice|
|1 Cup||Gluten-Free Rice Panko Coating Mix|
|1 tsp||Ground Oregano (Whole Version Can Be Substituted)|
|1 tsp||Ground Marjoram (Whole Version Can Be Substituted)|
|2 tsp||Salt - Plus Additional To Taste|
|Course Black Pepper To Taste|
*Make this recipe completely gluten-free by purchasing your favorite brand of gluten-free pasta. Panko Bread Crumbs can also be substituted for coating mix if preferred.
1) In a medium saucepan, stir together sweet potato puree and milk over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
2) Boil some water in a large pot and add pasta. Once sweet potato and milk reach simmering, reduce heat to low and gradually add in cheeses one at a time; stirring until melted. Keep on a low heat while pasta is cooking; stirring occasionally.
3) Cook pasta according to package directions, but drain a couple minutes before pasta reaches al dente. You'll want the pasta to be a slightly firmer texture. It will finish cooking when baking. At this point you may also preheat the oven to 350°F.
4) Once you've drained the pasta, place it back in the large pot and pour in the sweet potato mixture: stir well. Add the pumpkin pie spice, ground oregano, ground marjoram and salt; mix completely.
5) Spray a 9" X 13" (3 Quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Using a spatula, pour the pasta mixture into the baking dish and evenly distribute. Evenly sprinkle over the rice panko coating mix or panko crumbs. Season with salt and course black pepper.
6) Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until the outside of the casserole is a golden brown. Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Products Used In This Recipe:
Make Your Meal Complete With These Complementary Recipes:
Baked Sweet Potato Cheesy Mac Description of your recipe.Serves 8 Ingredients: 1 Box Spiral Pasta, 1 Can Sweet Potato Puree, 2 Cups Milk, 4 oz. Cream Cheese, 2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 1 Cup Quality Brie Cheese, span itemprop="ingredients">1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice, span itemprop="ingredients">1 Cup Gluten-Free Panko Coating, span itemprop="ingredients">1 tsp Ground Oregano, span itemprop="ingredients">1 tsp Ground Marjoram, span itemprop="ingredients">2 tsp Salt,.