Maple Bacon Green Beans With Slivered Almonds
- PS Seasoning Chef
|1 Large (About 1 Lb.)||Bag of Fresh Green Bean|
|1 Cup||Bacon, Cut into ½" Pieces|
|¼ Cup||Onion, Diced|
|2 Tbsp||Maple Bacon Shake Seasoning|
|⅔ Cup||Slivered Almonds|
|1 tsp||Garlic Powder|
|To taste||Sea Salt (optional) & Pepper|
1) Begin bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2) Rinse and trim off the tips of the green beans. You can snap these if you like, but I personally prefer to leave them long. I think they look a lot more elegant.
3) While the beans are boiling, saute the bacon over medium-high heat until about 3/4 done. NOTE: It's important that you DO NOT cook the onions with the bacon at the beginning. The water in the onions will prevent the bacon from browning and crisping properly.
4) Once the bacon is almost crisp, then add the onions and 2 Tbsp of Maple Bacon Shake Seasoning; saute until onions are soft and translucent.
5) If the pot of water is at a rolling boil, add the green beans and cook until crisp/tender.
6) Drain the beans, then add them to the bacon and onion mixture. Turn them until the bacon fat coats each of the beans; season with the 1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper.
7) Cook a couple more minutes to allow the flavors meld together; sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
Serve and enjoy!