|6 small to medium||Russet Potatoes, Cleansed & Patted Dry|
|1 Cup||Shredded Cheddar Cheese|
|1 Small||Onion, Chopped|
|8 Slices||Bacon, Cooked & Crumbled|
|1/4 Cup (1/2 a stick)||Unsalted Butter, Melted|
|1 Tbsp||Jalapeno Bacon Shake Seasoning|
|Topping/Garnish||Chives or Green Onions, Chopped|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Poke potatoes with a fork, place on a baking sheet and cook in oven for about 1 hour or until softened all the way through.
3) Once the potatoes are nearly done, begin cooking bacon in a pan until crisp. Drain off as much grease as possible then add chopped onion to the pan with 1 Tbsp of Jalapeño Bacon Seasoning; cook until onions are soft and somewhat clear. Remove the pan from heat and set aside.
4) When potatoes are thoroughly cooked, remove from oven and place on a surface to cool for about 15 minutes. Once they have cooled, use a sharp knife and cut each potato in half lengthwise.
5) Use a small spoon to scoop out the inside of the potatoes, making a boat-like shape, leaving a thick layer near the skin. Save the inner portion of the potato for other use.
6) Turn your oven on to a high broil. Place potatoes back onto the baking sheet, brush them with butter on the inside and outside; sprinkle with salt & pepper. Broil for 7-8 minutes until the insides are crispy to your liking. Note: Watch potatoes closely to ensure they don't burn!
7) Remove potatoes from oven and add a generous amount of shredded cheese into each skin; top with bacon and onion mixture. Place back under the broiler for about 3-4 minutes until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
8) Remove from oven, then top with sour cream and chives or green onion.
Serve warm and enjoy!