Sun-Dried Tomato Bacon Basil Alfredo
- Joe Hanni
|5 Slices (About ¼ Lb.)||Bacon, Finely Chopped|
|1 Medium||Onion, Finely Chopped|
|2 Large||Garlic Cloves, Minced|
|2 Tbsp, Divided||Tomato Bacon Basil Bacon Shake Seasoning|
|⅔ Cup||Heavy Cream|
|½ Cup||Oil-Packed Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Drained & Finely Chopped|
|1 Package||Alfredo Pasta|
|2||Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast|
|* Optional - 2 Tbsp||Fresh Basil, Chopped|
1) Cook bacon in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 6 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, begin cooking chicken breast in separate skillet (or on grill) until thoroughly cooked.
2) Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain; pouring off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from skillet.
3) Add onion, garlic and only 1 Tbsp Tomato Bacon Basil Seasoning to skillet; stir occasionally until onion is softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
4) Add cream, tomatoes, bacon and the second Tbsp of Tomato Bacon Basil Seasoning; simmer until cream is slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5) Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 Cup of the cooking water, then drain pasta.
6) Add pasta, cheese, and basil (if using) to sauce and toss until coated evenly. Add enough of the reserved cooking water to thin sauce as desired. Plate and garnish as desired.
Serve and enjoy!
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Tags: Main Course