Garlic Shrimp Scampi Over Lemon Pepper Pasta
- Joe Hanni
Start with select plump raw shrimp from the trusted seafood counter at your local grocer, season with our own select blend of ingredients to transform simple shrimp into an exceptional dish. Relish in this pleasantly light meal of tangy pepper and citrus tones. Pair with a bold, lightly sweet wine for a feel of humble elegance or try this delicious dish with a tasteful brew such as a light ale or Pilsner.
|3 Tbsps + 2 Tbsp (divided)||Unsalted Butter|
|2||Shallots, Finely Chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Minced Garlic|
|¼ Cup||Dry White Wine or Vermouth|
|1 Lb.||Raw, Peeled & Deveined Shrimp w/ Tails (Thaw if Frozen)|
|3 tsp||Parsley Flake|
|1 Box||Vermicelli or Other Thin Spaghetti|
|1 ½ tsps||Lemon Pepper Seasoning|
|To Taste||Salt & Pepper|
|2||Lemons, Cut Into Wedges|
|*Optional||Crusty Bakery Style Bread For Serving|
1) In a large pot, begin heating water over high heat to a boil for the pasta. Tip: Add a drizzle of oil to the surface of the water to keep it from boiling over and pasta from sticking.
2) Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and turn down the burner to medium / medium-high heat. Make sure all the pasta is submerged. Cooking time will vary depending on pasta thickness. )Most boxed pasta cook in roughly 10 minutes). Stir pasta occasionally.
3) While pasta is cooking, melt the 3 Tbsps butter in a large skillet over medium heat until hot and foaming; add shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Quick sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4) Slowly add wine or vermouth to the skillet (being cautious of any flames) and cook until the alcohol smell burns off, about 1 minute.
5) Add shrimp; stirring occasionally. Cook until shrimp appear pink and opaque in appearance; about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper once more if desired.
6) Once shrimp is cooked thoroughly, removed skillet from heat and set aside momentarily to prepare pasta.
7) Ensure pasta is cooked al dente or tender (not crunchy or stiff) and drain. Place pot back on heat source at medium temperature.
8) Melt the remaining 2 Tbsps butter in large pot and add pasta; mix thoroughly. (At this point you may turn your burner off.) Add the 1 ½ tsps of lemon pepper seasoning to buttered pasta and mix thoroughly once more.
9) Evenly distribute pasta in serving bowls or on plates. Spoon out shrimp over pasta evenly over all dishes. Sprinkle each dish with parsley flake. Serve with a lemon wedge and piece of warm crusty bakery bread (optional).
Serve & enjoy!
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Tags: Main Course