|1/3 Cup||Kosher Salt|
|3 Tbsp||Dry Mustard|
|4 tsp||Coarsely Ground Black Pepper|
|1 Tbsp||Granulated Garlic|
|1 Tbsp||Onion Powder|
|2 tsp||Thyme, Crushed|
|2 tsp||Celery Seeds|
|1 Tbsp||Prime Rib Rub|
|1½ Tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1||4-6 Lb. Beef Rib Roast|
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) In small bowl, combine the first 8 dry seasonings; setting aside ¼ Cup.
3) Rub olive oil over meat and sprinkle ¼ Cup of the spice mixture evenly over the meat. Be sure to firmly rub seasonings into the meat with your fingers.
4) Make six 1 X 1 2-inch knife slits into the fat side of the meat allowing the seasonings to penetrate into it.
5) Place meat, fat side up, in a large roasting pan. Insert an oven-safe meat thermometer into the center of the roast being sure that it does not touch bone.
6) Roast for 1½ to 2 ½ hours for medium-rare; about 135°. For a medium roast, cook for 2 hours and 45 minutes or until thermometer reads 150°. Note: Keep in mind that the meat temperature will rise 5° to 10° while standing.
7) Once meat is cooked to your preference, transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Tent the meat loosely with foil and rest the meat for at least 30 minutes before serving.