|1||12 to 14 Lb. Turkey, Thawed|
|6 Tbsp||Unsalted Butter, Softened|
|1 ½ tsp||Sage Leaf, Rubbed|
|1 ½ tsp||Thyme, Whole|
|1 tsp||Rosemary, Whole|
|1 tsp||Marjoram, Whole|
|1 tsp||Black Pepper|
|1 ½ tsp||Minced Garlic|
|1 Large||Onion, Cut Into Wedges|
|2||Celery Ribs, Coarsley Chopped|
|3||Fresh Garlic Cloves, Halved|
|*Optional||Fresh herbs for garnish|
1) To prepare turkey: Remove giblets and neck from turkey; place in refrigerator for use in gravy, if desired. Rinse turkey with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a lightly greased roasting pan. Lift wing tips up and over back, and tuck under bird.
2) Combine butter along with herbs & spices in a small bowl; rub 2 Tbsp. seasoned butter inside turkey cavity.
3) Place onion, celery, and garlic inside turkey cavity. Rub remaining 4 Tbsp. seasoned butter all over outside of turkey, legs and all.
4) Tie ends of legs together with heavy string, or tuck under flap of skin around tail.
5) Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the meaty part of thigh registers 170°. Shield turkey with aluminum foil towards end of cooking, if necessary, to prevent over-browning.
6) Let turkey stand, covered with foil, at least 15 minutes before carving. Garnish platter, if desired.