|To Taste||Seasoning of Your Choice (Experiment with any one of our seasoning blends)|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
1) With a heavy duty knife or cutting utensil/tool, cut an opening around the stem of the pumpkin. Make sure the opening is wide enough so that you can maneuver around the inside of the pumpkin to remove the innards and seeds; remove cut stem piece.
2) Using hands or large spoon, scoop out the seeds, discarding as much of the innards as possible. Place seeds in a large bowl. (Don't forget once you hollow out the pumpkin, save it for carving).
3) Place bowl in sink and fill with cold water until the water level is near the top of the bowl. Use the water to separate the seeds from any excess innards. Scoop out the floating seeds with slotted spoon or by hand and set in another bowl. Note: Be sure to double check that the excess pumpkin innards are removed from the seeds, they tend to stick.
4) In a small pot, heat water to a boil. Once boiling add the Tbsp salt (you may add more if you prefer) and pumpkin seeds. Let boil at least 10 minutes. During this time, preheat the oven to 400°.
5) After 10 minutes, drain pumpkin seeds. Prepare a deep baking sheet by spraying a thin layer of cooking spray. Place pumpkin seeds in tray and spread so they are evenly placed. Drizzle with olive until covered, stir and redistribute them evenly. Sprinkle a light coating of seasoning; place in oven.
6) Cook seeds 20 to 25 minutes stirring every 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown. After removing from oven, sprinkle with more seasoning and stir once more to coat. Lay seeds on paper towel to cool. Store in airtight container.