|2 (About 1 Lb.)||Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast|
|1 Package of 4||Soft Pretzel Buns, Cut|
|2 Tbsp||Chicken Seasoning Rub|
|1 Cup||Sweet Sour Coleslaw (Recipe Below)|
|½ Cup||Texas Style BBQ Sauce|
Sweet Sour Coleslaw
|1 Package||Pre-Shredded Cabbage & Carrot Slaw Mix|
|1 ½ Tbsp||Granulated Sugar|
|3 tsp||Extra-Virgin Olive OIl|
|4 ½ Tbsp||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|½ Cup||Green Onions, Chopped|
1) Preheat grill to 350°F.
2) For Coleslaw: Combine sugar, vinegar, olive oil and salt; whisk until sugar dissolves. Toss with coleslaw mix and green onions; let stand 10 minutes then refrigerate until ready to use.
Tip: If you are pressed for time, you can purchase a deli style sweet and sour coleslaw blend.
3) Rub 1 Tbsp of the Chicken Seasoning Rub on each piece of chicken; refrigerate while grill is preheating. Spread the 2 Tbsp butter on both halves of each of the pretzel buns; set aside to toast on the grill.
4) Once grill is fully heated, place chicken over direct heat. Cover and allow chicken to cook on one side for 8 minutes; flip and cook an additional 8 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165°F. Place fully cooked chicken in a a bowl; set aside.
5) Place the pretzel buns on the grill, butter side down and cover. Toast until a golden brown a slightly crispy; remove immediately.
5) Going back to the chicken: Using two forks, slowly pulled apart into thick shreds. Sprinkle with a little more of the Chicken Seasoning Rub (if desired) and mix in the BBQ sauce; stir until completely coated.
6) To Make Sandwiches: Pile ¼ of the shredded BBQ chicken on the bottom bun then top with ¼ Cup of the sweet sour coleslaw. Add other toppings as desired.
For additional flavor suggestions, try:
- Topping with a spicy aoili or mayo
- Fried onions
- Drizzle chicken with ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Add a dash of hot sauce
- Sliced red onion or pickle slices for some crunch
- Sprinkling with shredded cheddar cheese
- Spinach or lettuce leaves for a fresh flavor additive
- Sliced avocado for a creamy element
- Adding chopped crispy bacon