Sweet Onion Applewood BBQ Taquitos
- Emmanuel Nonhof
|3-4 lb||Pork Butt Roast|
|1 cup||Chicken Broth|
|1/2 Cup||Chopped Onion|
|1/4 Cup||Brown Sugar|
|1 tsp||Black Pepper|
|1 tsp||Garlic Powder|
|1 tsp||Smoked Paprika|
|1/2 tsp||Cayenne Pepper|
|10||Taco Sized Flour Tortillas|
|4 oz||Cream Cheese, softened|
|1/4 Cup||Sour Cream|
|3/4 Cup||Sweet Onion Applewood BBQ Sauce|
|1-1/2 Cup||Shredded Cheddar Cheese|
|Ranch Dressing Mixed with Fiesta Chili Lime Seasoning|
|Diced Avocados, cilantro, etc.|
1) In a large crockpot add the pork butt roast, chicken broth, onions, jalapenos and spices. Cook for 6-10 hours on low.
2) While the roast is cooking mix the sour cream, cream cheese and bbq sauce in a bowl.
3) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4) Once the roast has finished cooking, shred and add the bbq sauce mixture to the pork. Ad the shredded cheese to the mixture as well and mix everything together thoroughly.
5) Grease a 9 x 13 pan and begin rolling the taquitos. Spoon pork mixture into tortilla shells and roll them and place them seam side down into the baking pan. Once all of the taquitos have been made bake them for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
6) Take finished taquitos out of the oven and serve with your choice of toppings. Add Fiesta Chili Lime Ranch for some extra dipping flavor. Enjoy!