Crisp apples, sweet dried cranberries, citrus and herbs are piled atop creamy cheeses and placed on golden brown crostinis. A perfectly bright, colorful appetizer.
|1 Large||Red Delicious Apple, Finely Diced|
|1 Large||Granny Smith Apple, Finely Diced|
|½ Cup||Dried Cranberry Halves|
|1 Tbsp||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|5 Tbsp, Divided||Olive Oil|
|1 tsp||Lime Juice ( May Also Be Substituted With Lemon Juice)|
|2 tsp||Parsley Flakes|
|4 tsp, Divided||Sweet Pecan Seasoning Rub|
|4 oz.||Good Quality Brie Cheese|
|4 oz.||Cream Cheese, Softened|
|1 Loaf||Bakery French Bread, Cut Into 1/2" Slices|
|Salt To Taste|
1) In a small bowl, combine brie cheese, cream cheese and 2 tsp Sweet Pecan Seasoning Rub; blend until smooth and creamy. Firmly tighten a piece of saran wrap around the bowl and set aside so that the cheeses maintain a soft texture. (Note: If you are prepping this recipe in advance, keep the cheese blend refrigerated and remove at least a half hour before assembling to soften).
2) In a medium bowl, mix the diced apples, cranberry halves, chives, apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp olive oil, honey, lime juice, parsley flake and remaining 2 tsp Sweet Pecan Seasoning Rub. Season with salt and stir until thoroughly combined. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (up to 4 hours for flavors to combine). Stir mixture occasionally.
3) Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray. Arrange sliced french bread on the pan until full. Use multiple pans if necessary. Once oven reaches temperature, place baking pan(s) in the oven and bake french bread on one side for 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Have a small bowl off to the side with the remaining 4 Tbsp olive oil. Remove pan and flip over each piece of french bread. Brush each piece with olive oil using a basting brush. (Note: If you do not have a basting brush, you can use a spoon to drizzle and spread the olive oil over each piece. Use very little). Place french bread pieces back in the oven and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. French bread will be a lightly toasted, golden brown and should be crisp along the outside with a soft center.
5) To Assemble Bruschetta: Place french bread pieces on a serving dish or platter, oil side up. Spread about 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp of cheese mixture over each piece. Scoop 1 Tbsp of the apple cranberry mixture using a Tbsp measuring scoop and place in the center of the cheese. Top with additional chives or parsley, if desired.
Tip: Be sure to stir the apple mixture as you go to keep it nicely blended.
Serve immediately and enjoy!