Spicy Stuffed Mini Peppers
- PS Seasoning Chef
|8||Mini Bell Peppers|
|⅓ Cup||Cream Cheese, Softened|
|2 Tbsp.||Sour Cream|
|2||Green Onions, Thin Sliced|
|3 Strips||Bacon, Diced|
|¼ Cup||Red Onion, Minced|
|½ tsp.||Lemon Zest|
|1 tsp.||Lemon Juice|
|2 tsp.||Garlic & Herb Seasoning|
|1 tsp.||Red Pepper, Crushed|
1) Begin preparing mini bell peppers by slicing them in half lengthwise and scooping out the seeds; leaving on the stems. Then set off to side.
2) Using a cast iron skillet, cook the chopped bacon until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside in a small bowl.
3) Add the minced red onion to the skillet and cook over medium-low heat until onion appears translucent. Remove from heat and add to the bowl of diced bacon to cool.
4) With the lemon, remove ½ tsp. of the zest, then squeeze out 1 tsp. of the juice into a medium-sized bowl.
5) Add the cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, red pepper and garlic & herb seasoning to the same medium size bowl as the lemon juice and zest. Mix until well blended. 6) In the same cast iron skillet, grill the mini peppers 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to plate to cool.
7) Mix the bacon and onion into your cream cheese mixture and using a small spoon, stuff the mixture into each mini pepper half. Transfer the back to the skillet on low heat to warm them through serving. Place your completed peppers gently onto a platter and serve immediately.
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Tags: Appetizer/Snack